Police Motor Transport
2nd Bn PAC Campus, Sitapur, UP
Phone Nos:05862- 2242438
Link Page:SPMVO (Special Page for New Vehicle Technology, Road Safety and more other events)
Book on Motor Transport Management (Click here)
ORIGIN AND HISTORY OF EXISTENCE-
In the year 1940, “before the independence”, UP Police motor transport wing was established in Sitapur district,80 kms away from present state capital “Lucknow”,. After the second world war, land of cantonment area of army deployed in Sitapur, were handed over to UP police for establishing major wings of police, and among those wing motor transport wing and training centre headquarter was one of them. Purpose of establishing the motor transport wing was to do internal maintenance, repairs, overhauls of vehicles for operating and running of police fleet vehicles smoothly& providing different skill trainings.
In the year 1944, post of police motor vehicle officer, Sitapur, was created and sanctioned by the government, who declared then to be the head of police motor transport wing.
At the time of establishing sitapur as police motor transport wing headquarter one post of PMVO, one post of Inspector motor transport, one post of Sub inspector motor transport along with some technical staff was created and sanctioned by then government. PMVO was looking after PMT work’s as well as he was the technical advisor and consultant to the police headquater.
In the further phase of modernization, up gradation of PMVO rank was done by SPMVO, who had been given equal rights and power’s as district superintendent's in the year 1972.In the same phase of expansion and modernization further in the year 1983, one additional post of PMVO & 88 new rank’s of technical staff were sanctioned and recruited. Same year 37 new equipments for workshop was sanctioned and installed in the sitapur workshop for easier handling of maintenance work.
In the year 1986, all technical staff appointed were given the rank and authority of constables to asst sub-inspector’s under the provisions provided in police act, section 2 as police force to perform and discharge their duties.
In the year 1985, formation of Police technical services done by government and department like FSL, SCRB, FPB AND RESERCH WING who was under administrative control of CBCID transferred under administrative control of technical services of police.
Under cover of same order DGP of UP Police vide his order in the same year police motor transport wing, administrative control and distribution of work from police headquater section 19(who was carrying out the motor transport wing work), were handed over to police technical services.
After formation of police technical services, Director general of police/Additional director general rank officer given the authority of the head of department along with all administrative and financial powers to exercise and the office head authority were given to SPMVO Sitapur of motor transport wing.
In the year 1986-87, further 4 regional workshops' in different districts of Uttar Pradesh (Moradabad, Lucknow, Varanasi & Agra) was sanctioned and established under inchargeship of PMVO as regional head’s and administrative and financial control of SPMVO Sitapur.
Objective: The object of wing is to provide superior class repair work in department as departmental vehicle strength has risen to 6500. The repair of vehicle may become problem while depending upon local market. Similar another objective is to provide uniform repair quality to departmental vehicle. Aim is to make the workshops duty oriented and to provide better customer satisfaction to the department.
TOTAL POST AVAILABLE IN PMT WORKSHOP (GAZETTED & NON-GAZETTED)
|S.No.||Post Name||Sd post|
Each regional workshop has been given different rank allocation per workshop as shown below in the chart for performing their workshop duties.
WORK AND FUNCTIONAL AREA OF POLICE TRANSPORT WORKSHOP
- To repair departmental vehicles (running repair, overhaul of aggregates, minor and major repairs, body building and fabrication of vehicles)
- Scrutiny of the proposals of those vehicles, which complete their mileage and time period for declaring them, condemn and recommendation is forwarded to technical services.
- Scrutiny of the proposals of vehicles required to be repaired from police workshop/outside workshop and recommendations is forwarded to technical services.
- Preparing specifications for different models of vehicles as per requirement and need of department for bodybuilding and fabrication on chassis.
- To do field trials and testing of new vehicles for inducting in department as per requirement and needs.
- To do modernization in PMT workshops as per latest development in technology and requirements.
- Providing training to sub inspector motor transport, constables driver’s, head constables motor transport, reserve driver’s in motor transport training centre for upgradation and latest developments in the field of motor transport as per utility and requirements, along with advance mechanic course& mechanic course.
- Conducting departmental promotion exam’s for constables driver, head constables motor transport& sub-inspector motor transport under supervision of police technical services.
TRAINING COURSES AVAILABLE IN MOTOR TRANSPORT TRAINING CENTRE-
- Reserve driver course
- HCMT course
- SIMT course.
- DPC course.
- Advance mechanic course.
- RSI course.
- HCMT & SIMT Refresher course.
- SI Traffic course.
- Minor mechanic course.
- CFO course.
COMPREHENSIVE MODERNIZATION FIVE YEAR PLAN FOR MOTOR TRANSPORT WING
In the phase of modernization, motor transport wing has introduced five year comprehensive plan for developing the wing with latest technology equipments and tools along with good infrastructure to meet the present challenges and requirements of police department.
- MODERNISATION OF OFFICE ESTABLISHMENT EQUIPMENT.
- MODERNISATION OF WORKSHOP ESTABLISHMENT.
- MODERNISATION OF WORKSHOP EQUIPMENTS AND TOOLS.
- MODERNISATION OF WORKSHOP AND OFFICE SECURITY AND SAFETY.
- INTRODUCING VEHICLE MOBILITY.
- DEVELOPING ADVANCE TRAINING PROGRAMS IN TRAINING CENTRE.
- MODERNISATION IN INFRASTRUCTURE OF WORKSHOP/OFFICES/RESIDENTIAL AND TRAINING CENTRE.
- MODERNISATION IN WORKSHOP APPLICATION SOFTWARE.
MODERNISATION OF OFFICE ESTABLISHMENT EQUIPMENT
- Photostat machines for offices.
- Paper shredders for offices.
- Spiral binder for offices.
- Vacuum cleaners.
- Water purifiers.
- Water coolers.
- 1.5 Ton air conditioners.
- Room coolers.
- PCs with accessories.
- Laptops for SPMVO/PMVOs.
- 14,00VA Invertors
- EPBX Systems along with phone lines.
MODERNISATION OF WORKSHOP ESTABLISHMENT
- 24 KVA,3-Phase generator for workshops
- Motorised dust collectors.
- Water sprinklers.
- 1.5 HP Exhaust fans.
- Air circulators.
- First aid kits, with wheel chairs and stretchers.
- Ambulance vans.
- Car washers with greasing systems for servicing.
- Motorised sewing machines for upholstery sections.
- Computerised scanning monitors for MPFI version vehicles for testing and repairs.
- Turbocharger repairing tools for diesel engine vehicles.
- Pneumatic lubricating and service equipments.
- Fuel injection calibration testing machines.
- Blow therm paint booths for painting sections.
- Motorised sheet moulding and shearing machines for fabrication sections.
- Motorised sheet bending machines.
- Pneumatic tools with heavy duty compressors.
- Mechanical hoists for light vehicles.
- Collision repair system for light vehicles.
MODERNISATION OF WORKSHOP AND OFFICE SECURITY AND SAFETY.
- Fire safety equipment, set of 5 kg ABC, DPC & Extinguishers.
- Security/Safety lights for workshops.
- Close circuit cameras & TV for workshops.
- Metal detectors.
- Card punching systems.
INTRODUCING VEHICLE MOBILITY
- Two wheelers for dispatch sections of ,offices and workshops.
- Tata 207 pickup vans for technical stores and workshop.
- 62 Seater bus for training centre.
DEVELOPING ADVANCE TRAINING PROGRAMS IN TRAINING CENTRE.
- LCD Projectors for training centre.
- Driving simulator of jeep and car for driver trainers.
- Educational audio and visual DVDs for training.
- 1.5 Ton air-conditioner for training hall.
- 2000 mts storming season driving track.
MODERNISATION IN INFRASTRUCTURE OF WORKSHOP/OFFICES/RESIDENTIAL AND TRAINING CENTRE
- 100 KW Power sub station for Sitapur centre.
- Administrative wing for PMT Lucknow.
- Store room and section for Lucknow.
- Vehicle under carriage shed for Lucknow, Sitapur and Agra.
- 221000 its water tank for Sitapur workshop and residential campus.
FUTURE PLAN FOR WORKSHOP DEVELOPMENTS
- For establishing motor driving training training unit in order to elevate the level of training school for training of gazzetted officer’s and other police officer’s.
- Development and setting up of two more PMT workshop’s at Meerut and Gorakhpur.
- Developing field units in each district units and PAC units to perform remaining repairs locally and achieve aim of total departmental repairs.
State Police Motor Vehicles Officer, Sitapur, U.P. (261001)
Hello: 915862242438-O,915862244286-R 915862244220-fax
STATEMENTs OF VEHICLE REPAIR
VEHICLE MAJOR REPAIRE STATEMENT JAN-2016
VEHICLE MINOR REPAIRE STATMENT JAN-2016
VEHICLE MAJOR REPAIRE STATEMENT DEC-2015
VEHICLE MINOR REPAIRE STATMENT DEC-2015
VEHICLE MAJOR REPAIRE STATEMENT NOV-2015
VEHICLE MINOR REPAIRE STATMENT NOV-2015
VEHICLE MAJOR REPAIRE STATEMENT OCT-2015
VEHICLE MINOR REPAIRE STATMENT OCT-2015
VEHICLE MAJOR REPAIRE STATEMENT SEPT-2015
VEHICLE MINOR REPAIRE STATMENT SEPT-2015
VEHICLE MEJOR REPAIRE STATEMENT AUG-2015
VEHICLE MINOR REPAIRE STATEMENT AUG-2015
VEHICLE MAJOR REPAIR STATEMENT JULY-2015
VEHICLE MINOR REPAIR STATEMENT JULY-2015
VEHICLE MAJOR REPAIR STATEMENT JUNE-2015
VEHICLE MINOR REPAIR STATEMENT JUNE-2015
VEHICLE MAJOR REPAIR STATEMENT MAY-2015
VEHICLE MINOR REPAIR STATEMENT MAY-2015
VEHICLE MAJOR REPAIR STATEMENT APR-2015
VEHICLE MINOR REPAIR STATEMENT APR-2015
VEHICLE MINOR REPAIR STATEMENT MAR-2015
VEHICLE MAJOR REPAIR STATEMENT MAR-2015
VEHICE MAJOR REPAIR STATEMENT FEB-2015
VEHICE MINOR REPAIR STATEMENT FEB-2015
VEHICE MAJOR REPAIR STATEMENT JAN-2015
VEHICE MINOR REPAIR STATEMENT JAN-2015
VEHICLE MAJOR REPAIR STATEMENT DEC-2014
VEHICLE MINOR REPAIR STATEMENT DEC-2014
VEHICLE MAJOR REPAIR STATEMENT NOV-2014
VEHICLE MINOR REPAIR STATEMENT NOV-2014
VEHICLE MAJOR REPAIR STATEMENT OCT-2014
VEHICLE MINOR REPAIR STATEMENT OCT-2014
VEHICLE MAJOR REPAIR STATEMENT SEPT-2014
VEHICLE REPAIR MINOR STATEMENT SEPT-2014
VEHICLE HEAVY REPAIR STATEMENT AUG-2014
VEHICLE MINOR REPAIR STATEMENT AUG-2014
VEHICLE HEAVY REPAIR STATEMENT MONTH JULY 2014
VEHICLE MINOR REPAIR STATEMENT MONTH JULY 2014