Phone :2335200(0522), Fax : (0522)2335200
E-mail : email@example.com
Headed By Shri Pradeep Kumar Yadav IPS
A gradual development of the State Crime Record Bureau took place from time to time in U.P. Police. This Bureau was founded in the year 1906 in Criminal Investigation Department of Uttar Pradesh on the recommendation of the Indian Bureau was named 'RECORD SECTION' and the work of the Bureau was only to prepare the cards of Crime and Criminal at State level. In the year 1951 on the recommendations of Police recognition committee 1947 a new name 'STATE CRIME INFORMATION BUREAU' was given to it and at district level ' District Crime Record Section ' were founded. Despite this in the year 1960-61 as per the recommendation of Uttar Pradesh Police Commission in state crime information bureau , the maintenance of criminal history sheets and finger print of criminals was started at State level. Again when the National Crime Record Bureau at Central level in the New Delhi was founded the name of this Bureau was changed to State Crime Record Bureau in 1992.
- to study similarities in the Modus Operandi of criminals and on its basis suggest nakes of suspects to the Investigating Officers.
- to tell the I.Os any old crimes, which might have been committed by an arrested person.
- to help in establishing the identity of criminal and to furnish reliable data on the antecedents, associates, hide-outs, previous convictions etc. of an arrested person.
- to coordinate recovered property with that of the stolen.
- to disseminates information to keep Police Officers alert and in the look out for any suspects/missing persons.
- to collect statistical data of crimes, analyze them and spare reviews, testaments, reports and ensure its regular and periodical (fortnightly/ monthly/quarterly/half-yearly/yearly) submission to DGP UP/Govt. of U.P./CEI/NCRB and so on.
- to collect various types of criminals data as well as information, consolidate and send them to NCRB New Delhi for preparation of annual magazine 'Crime in India '. At State level this Bureau also publishes a magazine 'Crime in U.P.'. Annually after collection and consolidation of different types of criminal data and information.
- to give one week training to the Sub-Inspectors of Police posted in districts and GRPs of U.P. This training if given to SIS on different dates by chalking out range wise training programme in a calendar year.
- to supply data to penal and correctional agencies for their tasks of rehabilitation of criminals, their remand, parole, premature release etc.
- to coordinate, guide and assist the functioning of the DCRB.
DG/ADG Technical Services
IG Technical Services
DIG Technical Services
Estt. Section Accounts Section Crime Section Research Unit DCRB Units
Present activities :
- FCR is being sent to DGP UP timely.
- Auto theft and recovery cases are being computerised.
- Arms theft and recovery cases are being computerised
- unidentified dead bodies photos and its details are being provided to Technical services for WEBSITE.
System of working in the State Crime Record Bureau
For making the working system easier following section with sub-inspector as incharge and under supervision of Inspector at present :
|MISSING PERS. SEC.
||IDOL THEFT SEC.
||HYDEL & copper wire sec.
|CRIME RECORD OFFICE
||Criminal Personal File SEC.
||ROAD HOLDUP SEC
|NOTE FORGERY SEC.
||DCRB Training SEC.
||Religious Institution Sec.
|Position of Staff|
||Clerks ( SI-M)